So it's been a few days now since we arrived here. So awesome.
1. Hayama (and I guess most parts of Japan) is a jungle. Was not expecting. When leaving the house, and sometimes even while inside it, the first thing you hear is the jungle. A completely deafening roar of insects/birds/animals. Cicadas are especially prominent. There are huge bugs (both flying and crawling) as well as huge spiders (Waah).
2. Walking down the street is a different experience. They are very narrow, always. Cars, as a result, are very small - this I was expecting. However, none of the roads are straight, and everything is hilly. There are pathways and hidden shortcuts everywhere, and plants just kind of pour out from everywhere.
3. You can get milk. You can get cheese. You can get fruit (albeit expensive). It's all good. This one is for you, mom, since you insisted this would be impossible. It's very possible to eat cheaply. Food costs more or less the same, it's not too bad. We went to a bar in Hayama, which was incredibly fun, though we had some trouble (did not realize there was a button we had to press to call the waitress).
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bugs! ugh! I don't want to be too afraid to come over there. I really hope I can. And it's I've always wondered what it would be like in a jungle (minus the big bugs, I guess I'm like Indiana Jones and snakes).
I just got My Neighbor Totoro and can't wait to watch it!
Post a Comment